Most of us aim for work-life balance, but it can be a tricky thing to do when everything gets busy. Here are a few tips that might help at any time of year:
- Take holidays – Holidays are great for allowing you to reset your thinking and refresh your mind. Encourage your staff to do the same, this is great for team moral!
- Stay healthy – This is sometimes easier said than done, but it makes a huge difference to how you feel both at work and in your personal life. Keeping healthy will help your mind cope with the stresses and pressures of running a business.
- Learn to delegate – Many hands make light work! Your business will run smoothly and efficiently if you delegate to the right people and let them get on with it.
- Get regular medical check-ups – It can be difficult to see the signs of being overworked when you’re too busy concentrating on all the things you need to get done. Regular check-ups will keep your mind and body in check.
- Switch off – At the end of the day and in the weekends, learn how to switch off properly. This can be hard when we’re all so easily contactable, switching off your emails in the weekends is a good place to start!
Running a small business can be rewarding but also overwhelming – with early starts, long days and often no weekends. If you are feeling the strain, we can help by ensuring you have the systems in place to reduce the paperwork and by assisting you to focus on your goals and priorities.
Please get in contact if you’d like to chat further.
Latest posts by Andrew Jeffers CEO (see all)
- Succession Planning for Small Businesses - February 4, 2021
- How to Thrive in a Changed World - February 4, 2021
- Your Small Business Can Compete Against Large Retailers - January 28, 2021