Looking for new ideas for social media posts for businesses? Have you ever wondered what to post on your business’ social media accounts?
People get bored fast. Engage with your audience and give them a good reason to interact with you online, otherwise, they won’t.
Prompting users to engage with your posts is one issue, but getting them to actually share your content on their own page is a whole other problem.
The struggle is real!
The good news is, I have some brilliant tips for you on how to spruce up your business’ social media content in order to make it irresistible.
The end goal is to entice users to react and share the content you’re posting. So, roll up your sleeves and let’s make it happen.
1. Share your business’ blog posts
Yes, this one is a no-brainer.
But if your business has a blog, by sharing your blog posts you’ll have a constant flow of relevant and quality content for your audience.
Do you want to discover more about how you can make your blog posts more engaging? Discover the perfect tips for a blog makeover in this article.
2. Retweet the latest news and trends in your industry
Be the bearer of awesome news to your faithful followers.
Sharing industry news and latest trends is not only a great way to engage your followers, but it will also help you establish yourself as a trustworthy source of information. People will slowly but surely start to trust your business’ authority.
Give it a try:
- Create a list with some of your favourite influencers in your industry, including publications, websites etc.
- Find them on social media. When you see them post a relevant piece of news, go ahead and share it on your social media channels. Sharing is caring, right?
3. Post customer reviews and testimonials
There’s nothing more encouraging for a business than a customer’s kind words.
Next time a client sends you a review, ask for their permission to share it with your audience. It can be something as simple as a retweet, or you might decide to make a graphic out of it. Whatever you think your followers will enjoy the most!
Tip: When you share a customer review or testimonial, include their name and/or social media handle. Give credit where credit is due.
4. Create appealing graphics
Do you want to draw your audience’s eye? Create your own graphics.
When it comes to visual content, allow yourself to be as creative as possible. You know best what your audience will be more likely to enjoy.
Need a creative boost? Here are some suggestions:
- Tips and tricks graphics on high-interest topics for your community
- Behind-the-scenes photos can help you share your business’ culture. Be a paparazzi for a day and snap some instants of your employees’ daily activities, anything you think will best pinpoint your business’ values. It will connect your followers with your business on a personal level.
- Infographics are a great way to engage your users by offering scrollable and easy-to-follow information
- If taking your own photos isn’t a viable option, you can always use stock photos
Tip: Whatever graphics you end up choosing for your social media posts, make sure they are the best quality. Nobody wants to look twice at a blurry image, not to mention share it.
5. Make your own videos
Video content is the best performing type of content online, especially on mobile platforms.
Your audience will prefer watching a video instead of reading an article. Why? Our brains process visual information faster.
Tip: When in doubt, always go for visual content.
[ctt template=”7″ link=”1F76b” via=”no” ]Tip: When in doubt, always go for visual content.[/ctt]
Here are a few great ideas you can try out:
- Pick your favourite social media platform (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat) and start recording a live video. What should you record? Anything you believe your followers might enjoy, like useful tips, how-to videos, answer some of their questions, announce an upcoming event. Try them all and notice which ones will entertain your audience the most.
- Make your own product videos
- Event videos. If your team is attending an event, bring along your recording equipment (or your smartphone) and get some footage. Record a fun video with all your employees and team members gathered around, share some jokes and let your audience know you are a bunch of approachable professionals.
6. Offer interactive content
If none of the above works, this one definitely will.
Interactive content includes quizzes, polls, surveys, personality tests or video quizzes. This type of content is usually known as “too irresistible to click away”. Try it!
Tip: Check out Apester, an easy-to-use tool that allows you to create engaging content and embed it directly into your post.
7. Holiday-related posts
Everybody loves holidays, including your audience.
Whenever there’s a popular or interesting holiday coming up, address it into your posts.
Get into the holiday spirit and be creative, people will perceive your business as human – a group of real people enjoying a fun holiday.
No matter what type of content you will share around a holiday, make sure it clearly communicates what your business is all about. Keep it authentic!
8. Post announcements, job listings, introduce new members
Get your audience in the loop with everything that happens in your company. You can do that by posting announcements, job listings and introduce them to new team members.
Your fans will be more likely to trust your business if they gradually get to know it. With trust comes engagement and with engagement comes loyalty.
Let’s start sharing!
I can help you find the right approach for your social media content. Here’s the thing with brands and online businesses: there’s no such thing as a generic solution. Each brand has its own vision and style. I can help you find and emphasise yours. I’d love to get in touch to discuss specifics!