Do you want your brand to have more reach and engagement?
Do you feel like you tried everything but with no real results?
Why not try working with influencers?
It might be exactly what your brand needs.
How can influencers help you increase your brand’s reach?
What do you think is the deciding factor for your readers to commit to a certain product over a similar one?
When it comes to spending money on a certain product or service, people tend to research that item thoroughly on the internet. They look for online reviews, compare prices and specifications and figure out if the person endorsing it is trustworthy.
The secret to making your brand trustworthy is to collaborate with people who’ve established themselves as a trustworthy authority in their field.
They are the influencers.
Find them, entice their interest and start working with them.
Here are 7 best practices that can help you successfully collaborate with your influencers.
1. Generously give out your goods and/or services
Once you’ve identified some influential bloggers in your field who are interested in collaborating with your brand it’s time for you to act.
One great way to introduce influencers to your brand is to gift them with your goods or services. Be generous!
Here are some tips for an effective collaboration:
- Choose an influencer with some connection to your brand’s field
- Make sure the person you choose is interested in a collaboration with your brand before sending out your goods
- Generously gifting influencers won’t guarantee you any exposure (keep this in mind!)
- Highlight your influencer’s benefits in working with you as attractively as you can. Now’s the time to use your charm!
You might also be interested in: The Foolproof Trio Of Organic Networking Success: Online And Offline
2. Offer to sponsor posts
There are a lot of bloggers out there collaborating with popular brands through sponsored posts. Find your brand’s best fit – it’s out there!
How does it work?
You pay the blogger to promote your brand by writing about your products and services.
You can supply the writer with a guideline or a brief for their post, but ultimately, they will craft the content in their own style.
3. Send out free products for reviews
This is a great way for your brand to gain some much-needed trust among your influencers’ audience.
How do product reviews work?
The influencer receives a few goodies from you. They try them out and write an honest review on their blog. They can make an unboxing video of your product if your packaging is something that stands out (or not!).
Keep in mind that bloggers will ultimately be honest about your product/service in their reviews. Make sure your influencer is interested in your brand before collaborating with them.
It’s always best not to force these interactions.
4. Organise giveaways
Everybody loves free stuff!
This is why you can hardly ever go wrong with organising a great giveaway.
As long as your influencer is a good fit for your brand, the hype they will create around your products will convince people to engage and enter the giveaway to win your products.
However, there are a few DO’s and DON’T’s you should consider:
- Don’t make it hard for people to enter the giveaway, or people will lose interest immediately.
- Make the registration process as easy and time-effective as possible.
- Offer valuable products or services.
- But first, make sure you can afford giving them away.
- Communicate with your influencer on finding the best way to make the giveaway attractive for their audience.
- Remember your influencer knows their audience better than you do. Be flexible and open to their feedback.
5. Organise influencer competitions
Why not take it one step further?
You can entice influencers by organising a fabulous competition they won’t be able to resist.
The secret to creating a fabulous competition is offering something worthwhile for the participants.
A few great suggestions you can consider are:
- Exclusive brand features on your website
- A fabulous chance to travel (on your expense) as a brand ambassador
Of course, there are lots of other amazing ideas you can try out – don’t limit yourself to my suggestions only.
Tip: Use your brand’s uniqueness to offer amazing opportunities influencers won’t be able to refuse.
Use your brand’s uniqueness to offer amazing opportunities influencers won’t be able to refuse.
6. Give guest posts a try
This might not work with all influencers, but it certainly deserves a try.
It’s pretty straightforward: you write a guest post on your influencer’s blog/website introducing your brand to their audience.
It can be a great chance for your brand to expand its reach and establish itself as a trustworthy authority in your field.
7. Affiliate Marketing Programs can help you find the right influencers for your brand
You must’ve heard about these programs by now; they’re everywhere!
You know why? Because they work. How?
They introduce advertisers to publishers. The goal is to reach a wider audience and convince people to trust a certain product or brand, which will eventually end up in people buying those products.
Affiliate marketing programs provide the perfect environment for brands and influencers to find each other and connect.
You might also be interested in: 7 Tips To Help You Easily Keep Up With Social Media Trends in 2017
There are so many ways to make a brand-influencer relationship work. Now you have all these ideas you can try out.
Your brand needs as much recognition as possible. Influencers can give you a hand with that. Now’s the time to find the best fit for your brand!
I can help you create a online marketing plan for your online business or brand and get the reach and engagement it needs to thrive. I believe social media channels can be powerful tools that can be used for good and I would love to teach you all about it. Let’s get in touch now.
Latest posts by Fiona Soutter (see all)
- Do You Know How To Use Google Posts For Your Business? - January 8, 2018
- Digital Marketing Trends In 2018 You Can’t Miss Out On - December 12, 2017
- 8 Social Media Posts For Businesses You Should Share Right Now - October 25, 2017