Have you always wanted to start your own business, be your own boss? Do you find it hard to come up with profitable business ideas to make your dream come true?
Starting your own business isn’t the easiest thing. Most people have trouble coming up with a successful business idea. I know the struggle. I think we’ve all been through it at one point or another.
Here’s the good news: here is a list of ten profitable business ideas you can start on your own, or even consider as a side-gig to increase the money coming in.
What’s even better, you can put the basis of a business together from the comfort of your own home.
Prepare for some brilliant business ideas!
Online business ideas
1. Virtual Assistant
If you have amazing organisational and time management skills, this might be your million-dollar idea!
A personal assistant experience isn’t a must, but it certainly doesn’t hurt. All you need is a computer and great social skills.
What are some of the perks of being a virtual assistant?
- You can choose your own clients. Freelancing platforms like Upwork and Indeed can introduce you to a variety of exciting projects.
- Flexible working hours
- Endless opportunities to meet and collaborate with influential people all around the world.
- Collaborate and experiment with a variety of projects. In no time, you’ll have an impressive resume and a vast work experience.
2. Marketing and Social Media Services
Oh, the endless opportunities marketing and social media have to offer nowadays… The sky is your limit. Literally!
If you’re the curious techy type, always interested in new apps and features, this business opportunity will fit you like a glove.
These are just a few jobs you can try out:
- Marketing Consultant. If you’re always up to date with the latest social media platforms, you could become an amazing Marketing Consultant. You’ll support your clients in choosing the right social platforms for their brand’s online marketing strategy.
- SEO Specialist is the expert who knows how to increase the Google rating for any type of content. All you need is some SEO knowledge, which you can easily get from a variety of free or payed courses like this one. Go for it!
- Social Media Manager. Do you sometimes feel guilty about how much time you spend on social media? Make it your job. Become a social media manager. Spending time on your favourite social media platforms will fall into you daily responsibilities. Cool, huh?
Of course, there are many more job opportunities in marketing and social media, but I’ll let you discover them on your own. I just hope I’ve made you curious enough to check them out.
You might also be interested in: Create A Month’s Worth Of Social Posts In One Day? Yes, You Can!
3. Graphic Designer
Creativity. Confidence. Adobe (Photoshop or Illustrator) fluency.
That’s all you need to start on your journey of becoming a successful graphic designer.
Start your own freelancing business, or do it as a side-gig to increase your monthly earnings and get more experience. Either way, graphic design is a great opportunity to expand your career horizons and develop your creativity.
A graphic designer can offer their creative assistance in projects such as:
- Branding packages including logos, flyers etc
- Print and online advertisements
4. Blogger or Vlogger
This one is for the unconventional type.
Are you passionate about a specific subject, like food, travel, DIYs or other, less-explored fields? This can be your chance to shine!
All you need is a computer, a good recording camera and your creative ways of telling people about your passion.
Sounds more like a dream job, doesn’t it? Well, it might as well be.
Ready to give it a try?
Do any of these online profitable business ideas resonate with you? Then the first step towards becoming a business owner is done!
Discover the next steps to getting your business up and running. One of our specialised accountants can give you the inside scoop. Contact us today!
Offline business ideas
5. Tour Guide
Do you know your city like the back of your hand? Do you enjoy playing tourist in your own city every once in awhile?
Why not become a tour guide?
You can create your own tours, advertise them online, or even locally. There are a lot of tourists nowadays who prefer guided tours rather than exploring a city by themselves.
Take advantage of this opportunity!
You might also be interested in: The Foolproof Trio Of Organic Networking Success: Online And Offline
6. Auto repairs
If you love getting your hands dirty and you have solid mechanical knowledge of how a car works, you can open your own auto repair shop.
Now, before you start worrying about not having the necessary space and tools for it, listen to me:
- You can open your own mobile auto repair shop, which means you don’t even need a location.
- As far as the tools are concerned, it depends on what type of auto services you want to offer. Choosing an auto repair niche can be a good starting point for such a business. If all goes well, you can diversify your services as your business grows. Auto detailing, motor or transmission repairs? The choice is yours, so choose wisely.
7. Dog walking/sitting/grooming
If you’re a dog person, this isn’t even a job for you. It’s just a good (and profitable) excuse to spend your time around pets all day long.
You can start your own dog walking business and offer some additional services like:
- Dog sitting
- Pet grooming
- Dog training
You can also expand your services to other pets. So many possibilites already!
8. House/office cleaning services
If you’re one of those people for whom cleaning is therapy, you should definitely open your own cleaning business. Seriously!
You could offer cleaning and housekeeping services to:
You can also vary your rates if you bring your own cleaning supplies. Depending on the tools you have available, you could also provide a variety of other services such as: floor, carpet or window cleaning.
9. Personal Trainer
Do you consider yourself a fitness fanatic? If so, personal training could be the perfect business opportunity for you.
You don’t even need your own training space to become a personal trainer. You can create your own fitness programs and courses and offer at-home training. Yes, you might need to drive around a bit at first, so you’ll need to learn more about tax deductions.
Tip: If you want to diversify your services, take a nutrition course and combine your fitness knowledge with nutrition advice.
Feel free to ask your clients what they would want to learn more about. Be creative and open to learning new skills.
If one of these offline business ideas inspired you to start your own, you’re in the right place. The accounting specialists at Shuriken can assist you in choosing the right business structure and help you launch a profitable business. Let’s get in touch!
You might also be interested in: 4 Proven Ways To Increase Your Creative Confidence
Implement your own profitable business idea now!
At Shuriken Consulting you can pick the right accountant from an entire team of experts that can assist you in sorting out your financial situation, teach you how to start your own business and show you how to successfully manage it. Contact us now!
Latest posts by Andrew Jeffers CEO (see all)
- KPIs: The Indicators Of Success In Business - June 18, 2018
- Integrating Cloud Accounting Solutions With Your Business Backend - June 18, 2018
- Smart Goal Setting: How To Think Profit First - June 11, 2018